Dr hab. UJ Professor Andrzej Kubas Lecturer at the “Contract Law in Consumer and Professional Trade” Postgraduate Studies
20 November 2021
On 20 November, dr hab. Professor Andrzej Kubas delivered the opening lecture on “Non-performance and Improper Performance of an Obligation” at the Jagiellonian University “Contract Law in Consumer and Professional Trade” postgraduate studies.
The issues discussed included, among others, the following:
- a claim for performance of an obligation in accordance with its content versus a claim for compensation for damage
- legal instruments enforcing or securing the actual performance of an obligation
- assignment by way of security, a registered pledge with the reservation of the right to take possession of the pledged object, actio in rem, substitute performance
- specific rights of the creditor in the event of non-performance or improper performance of the obligation
- the consequences of non-performance of financial obligations
- the impossibility of performance and a claim for shaping the content of an obligation
The programme is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills in contract drafting, interpretation, and evaluation of its provisions.